Thursday, November 14, 2013

Where Are You Going?

"Lack of direction, not lack of time is the problem.  We all have twenty-four hour days." ~Zig Ziglar

I heard a great speech by Bishop T.D. Jakes on the radio this week that really made me stop and think about a few things.  Humans are notorious for constantly being on the move.  Most of us travel thousands of miles each year by train, automobile, plane, you name it.  Many of us are multi-taskers and we juggle many things at once just so that we can save time.  It seems that we are always building bigger and better mechanisms that help us to complete tasks faster and get to the next place quicker.  We are constantly moving in an effort to get somewhere.  I agree with Bishop Jakes in that while we are constantly on the move, we often lose sight of where we are trying to get to. 
 
Life is short and tomorrow isn’t promised.  We don’t have time to invest in things that hold us back and distract us from our life goals.  Now don’t get me wrong.  Taking time out to have fun and just enjoy life is great.  But we should make an effort to delete things from our lives that keep us from moving forward (you know what those things are for you personally).  I have come to realize that I waste too much time on petty things when I could be using that time to pursue my passions.  I know that I could be making a positive impact on more people with the time that I give to other things such as television, Facebook, and sleeping in.  H. Jackson Brown Jr., tells us not to “say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”  Zig Ziglar once said that “lack of direction, not lack of time is the problem.  We all have twenty-four hour days.” 
 
From time to time as you are moving from place to place, think about your direction in life and how each individual experience moves you toward fulfilling your goals in life.  If you truly want to make a positive impact on the world and fulfill your vision as the leaders above have, you must strive to manage your time in a way that supports your vision.  Sometimes while driving on the highway, we miss a road or get stuck in traffic.  Just as a GPS in your car recalibrates and makes adjustments, think of ways that you can adjust your time so that you can move forward in the direction of your goals.  If you do, I know I will see you on the highway to success!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment